Monday, September 27, 2010

Glimpses of Fall

I woke this morning at my routine 4:30, snoozed a couple of times, and finally rose for my morning routine. I came to the kitchen, enjoyed a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats paired with a glass of Simply Orange, and took in the second Psalm. Afterward, I put the finishing touches on my lessons for the day and packed my things. I stepped out into a cool and tranquil Mississippi morning. The dew was fresh on the lawn and thick on the rear window of my car. In the midst of the hussle, it was good to stop and remember that the seasons do turn. The heat paired with the abundance of sunlight has been so prevalent for so long, that mornings and days felt like they kept repeating. Coming from a place where all four seasons existed, I partly wondered if that too was something that never came to Mississippi. Yet the seasons do continue, and the dew continues to remind.

It is still cool; roughly 70 degrees with a pale blue sky. What a day to be on the Delta.

No comments:

Post a Comment